Friday, May 4, 2012

Greetings from Georgia, Ya'll!! - b

So it’s been a few months. I am from Georgia. I am a Georgian. I enjoy sweet tea and say mam a lot. I even talk in a Southern accent, if you do. Okay, so living in the Peach state doesn’t make me a true Georgian, not even a Southerner. I haven’t earned the right to be called that…yet. Ya’ll stick around and observe the transformation. I thought I’d drop by and tell YOU ALL a little about the place I now call home. Augusta is a city of around 250,000. Not too big, not too small. Mr. Mussack and I have settled on what is considered “The Hill.” It is an old neighborhood with amazing houses on all sides.
Augusta is also home to the Masters golf tournament, a week where the population of this fine town nearly doubles. I had the privilege to attend one of the practice rounds and I cannot express in words how awesome the course is. I suppose photos will have to do, though they definitely didn’t do it justice.
Here are a few photos of our new abode. We’ve dubbed it the “New Cottage” as it reminds us so much of our old house in Manhattan. I’ve adorned it in photos, pears and patterns. Three Ps I don’t think I could live without.

I’ve been traveling every few weeks and in between I have nested in our dining room. It is nice to finally have a designated workspace. I have even started “getting ready for work” in the morning to feel more productive. We’ll see how long that lasts.
We think Jezebelle likes it here. She LOVES the new back yard and still insists on yelling at everyone as they drive, walk or talk about walking by. She’s awesome. I’ve even planted a small garden out back. (Like gnome garden small,) but to be honest, I don’t think it will survive the brutal summer we are expecting.
We have sampled a few of the restaurants in the area, so far, so good. Two of our favorites would have to be Yo Pizza and Nacho Mammas, mostly because the food is rockin’ but partially because of their names. The Saturday morning Farmer’s Market was cute. Ya, I guess I was expecting more but I enjoyed it.
Last weekend we met friends in Hotlanta (do people still call it that?) for a day at Six Flags and a night full of live music. It’s nice to be close to a huge city but even better to be the same distance to the BEACH. Yay for not being landlocked!! Luck has it that we haven’t even spread our toes in the sand…don’t you worry; we’ve got a trip in the works and photos to follow!
With that being said, Mr. Mussack and I are having trouble checking things off of our “List of Awesomeness” We lived in Georgia once before and didn’t do half of the things we set out to do. I was wondering if you can hold us accountable, or if you have visited within a few hours of Augusta, can you suggest more activities for us to do! Check out what we have so far, I’m excited for what’s to come!
I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC Friday and I hope to see you on one of the legs of my upcoming adventures. I will be in Nebraska/Kansas for a few weeks in May, June and September. I would LOVE to fill up my schedule with shoots! Please let us know if you are interested and we will get you all of the details!

To all of you aspiring photographers, we are partnering with our awesome friends at Anecdotally Yours (www.anecdotallyyours.com) to offer an Introduction to Portrait Photography class! 100% of profits will be donated to worthy causes! For more information, click on this link - http://labrisaphoto.blogspot.com/2012/04/introduction-to-portrait-photography.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!