Monday, August 9, 2010

Place & Time

Oftentimes, I will chat with photographers who claim that they don't have the time to improve or enjoy the art of photography and I, admittedly, grow quite frustrated because I feel that you do not need to go out of the way to do what you love. My simple solution is to always carry your camera with you everywhere. You do not need to take pictures every second of everyday, but at least you will have it if you ever see something that you might want to photograph. Simple enough, right? Even if you never process/edit/share those photographs, you still learn from the process of conceptualizing and actually taking it!

For example, on my plane flight back to Houston from California, I sat next to a mother and daughter on their way to spend a little vacation in Florida to swim with manatees (how awesome, right?)! Well after chatting for a while, the daughter laid her head down on her mom's lap and this was the result. This is a completely candid moment and one of the things I have learned over the years is that the longer you leave your camera out in plain sight, the more comfortable people become with having a large camera nearby.



Are you on Facebook? Of course you are! Check out the La Brisa Photography Fan Page to view the latest teasers, helpful articles and more!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that has been my theory for a long time!! Glad to know someone else thinks the same way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!