Monday, January 26, 2009

My Best Birthday EVER

So yesterday was my 27th birthday. Never in my wildest dreams growing up did I ever think I would be 27. Seriously, who asks themselves....I wonder what I will be doing when I'm 27? 25 - sure, 30 - absolutely, but 27? Never. But I gotta admit, it was my best birthday ever. Better than my 16th when I got my driver's license. Better than my sloppy 21st. Better than my golden birthday. I would say way better than all of those birthdays combined. The only thing that would've made it better would have been having my family around to share it with me :)

At 12:01am on January 25th, Brisa and I started my birthday celebration with a little drive-thru action at Burger King. We went out with some friends earlier that evening and we decided, why not? From the get-go, I was eating on my birthday (there's a theme here)...

We went to church at UCC and then we headed over to Jenna and Travis' place before lunch. When I entered they were playing a Wii! A Wii that my wife and my sisters and brothers (in-law) bought for my birthday! Jenna and Travis hooked me up with Tiger Woods Golf and my wonderful in-laws gave me MarioKart!!! Stinkin awesome!!! I was so pumped! :) 

So we had to play for a little while and then we decided to go to Kite's Bar and Grill for lunch. When I arrived this is essentially what I saw:



I was totally surprised! My sneaky wife and my great friend Mary had planned a little surprise luncheon for me with my friends! But the surprise didn't end there. A few weeks/months ago, I had mistakenly told Mary that it'd be fun to try to Will Ferrell 3 Pound Burger. And for my birthday Mary insisted that I do it. And this is what it looked like:


To give you an idea of the massivity of this thing, here is a picture of Brisa's fist and the Will Ferrell and a regular 1/3 lb burger...



After my first bite, it was all downhill from there...



I got through half of it in about 45 minutes and I was done because a) I didn't want to be sitting there and eating for another hour or so b) I was pleasantly full and I knew if I ate more I would be useless for the rest of the day (had to play some Wii!!!) and c) I'm pretty sure I ate the smaller of the two halves and that scared me a little bit. So this is where I stopped...



The awesome staff still hooked up me with a sweet free shirt though for a good effort (pity prize for sure):



And of course I had to get a shot of the whole crew at the end...



What an awesome, awesome, fantastic, amazing and wonderful day. Seriously, I've never been in a better place in my life than I am right now. A super huge thank you goes out to my gorgeous and lovely wifey who still loves me after all this time. She put a ton of time, energy and love into getting everything together and I definitely wouldn't be where I am mentally, spiritually and emotionally without her. And I love her with all of my heart :)

Special thanks to Travis for being my personal photographer for the day

Thanks again to all who made yesterday my best birthday ever! I could not ask for better family and friends!!! 

Please enjoy the slideshow from the now infamous lunch :)


3 comments:

  1. WOW! that burger is HUGE!! glad you had a great birthday! you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the Wii fun? We got one for Christmas and have been playing since. We will have to do an online race on MarioKart one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah!

    We should definitely play online! That would be awesome! Brisa and I will have to practice a little first though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!