Sunday, September 20, 2009

Images for a Cure by Chris!

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Breast Cancer is the 7th highest cause of death for women and "it is the second most common cause of cancer death in white, black, Asian/Pacific Islander, and American Indian/Alaska Native women." My grandmother had breast cancer. I'm sure many of you know someone who has battled this defiant disease as well.

That is why I must give major props to the amazing Kristen Weaver of Kristen Weaver Photography for putting together Images for a Cure! And because I cannot say it any better myself, I'm going to copy and paste directly from their website what Images for a Cure is all about...

"We are daughters, sisters, husbands and fathers. We are roommates, best friends and soul mates. We are photographers with a passion for giving back. On October 11, 2009, we will unite our talents to contribute one day of session fees in support of breast cancer research. 100% of all session fees collected on this date will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®. We are hopeful, that with your support we will find a cure in our lifetime."

On October 11, 2009, I will be offering free portrait sessions (in Brooklyn/NYC) to anyone who is interested in donating the discounted session fee of $150 directly to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation! For those of you interested in scheduling a session, you can contact me directly or you can visit the Images for a Cure website to find a photographer near you! There are over 120 professional photographers from all across North America and I hope more will join in the next few weeks!

For all of you photographers, here is another awesome way to give back with your gift of photography. If interested, go here: PHOTOGRAPHERS GIVING BACK! I encourage you to consider participating in the cause or supporting another local photographer by blogging about the opportunity!

I do not typically blog on Sundays, but every Sunday I always think about my mom. So, I am blogging today for my mom and all moms everywhere! It just seems like Sundays are mom days. My mom would prepare us an amazing breakfast, get us ready for church and then we would all lounge around reading the newspaper/comics and watch football or BBQ on Sundays.

I've posted a picture of my mom, her amazing daughters and her two beautiful and healthy grandsons to honor her, my sisters and all women as I try to do my small part in raising more awareness and motivation for Breast Cancer Research!




1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!