Friday, September 25, 2009

Andrew ~ Motocross Style by Chris!

Andrew's parents wanted a few action shots of their son and his favorite hobby, motocross and I nearly jumped out of my shoes with excitement when they asked me to take them! Come on! A muddy track plus an ubercool motocross rider, what's not to like??? With the help of Sara Mays Photography, we headed out to the track and had an absolutely awesome time!

I have never had an opportunity to shoot motocross before so I was looking forward to challenging myself to try a technique called panning and I also did a little research about motocross pictures beforehand. To all of you aspiring photographers out there, make sure you do your homework before your shoots! Go to the magazine aisle at your local grocery/book store and pick up various types of magazines to see how shots are set up, the composition and the lighting they used. Then tweak those ideas to make them more of your style at your actual shoot! Blogs are another awesome way to learn and to gain inspiration too!

Back to Andrew, he's only been riding for a short time, but he's already excelled and improved dramatically over most riders! He has had his share of broken bones, bumps and bruises (how's that for alliteration? Sorry, I was an English major in my past life), as all real riders do and each time he's gotten back up on his bike and steadily progressed! I can't wait to see where motocross will take Andrew because from what I hear from his mom...he's the best rider in the world! Gotta love moms! :)

Thank you again for inviting Sara and myself out to the track and take a few action shots! We got a little dirty, laughed quite a bit and overall LOVED your session because it was so unique!

You can view all of Andrew's pictures in his online gallery: Andrew ~ Motocross! Enjoy the photos!

A couple of detail shots to get us started :)






Big time AIR!














And I'll leave you with Andrew and his parents! :)


Click the PLAY icon to view a slideshow of all of Andrew's pictures!










Bookmark and Share



Check out La Brisa Photography's GEAR!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!