Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Susan & Stephen | Attraction Session | San Jose, CA | Chris

My parents grew up very poor in Taiwan. They moved to the United States for more opportunities and to find their American dream. They have been married for 42 years (this July). They have 3 children who are all faithful Christians and 3 ridiculously adorable grandsons. They live in a beautiful home in a fantastic neighborhood. They are extremely happy. That, in and of itself is their American dream. From here on out, everything else is just decadent icing on their proverbial cake. During my trip home, my dad shared this powerfully understated bible verse with me that continues to guide his life: 

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. 
Proverbs 1:7

Yesterday, I did a mini session with my parents just for fun and everything you are about to see is what I hope to still have with Brisa in 38 more years of marriage. I love my parents very much and they have sacrificed so much without complaint to give us countless opportunities to fail and succeed in our lives with unyielding love, support and encouragement. Thank you mom and dad for everything, but especially for my smiley and always laughing personality!









This is the view from our front yard. My parents have done quite well for themselves, haven't they? 


Email us (info@labrisaphotography.com) about your upcoming wedding or to schedule a portrait session!

10 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful Chris! Your parents inspire me too!! And um - you are totally your dad. You have his kilowatt smile!!!

    But seriously - these photos make me grin from ear to ear. They are so in love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is where he is going to kiss her and she looks terrified! haha! I LOVE it! They really do look like they are just madly in love! What an inspiration and what a great example of a happily married couple for you to look up to as you were growing up and still to look up to now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. were you making them dance?? amazing...just amazing...really really really amazing...

    really...amazing. thanks for making me cry for the second time today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. incredible work, chris. this is probably the most important work you've done to date. powerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totes presh!!! :)

    seriously, so fun to have those photos of your parents. my parents won't let me take their photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these! makes me smile & laugh. great job chris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just teared up at my desk looking at these photos! It is so rare to see a couple so much in love after that many years together.

    You have a beautiful way of capturing that moment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!