Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2009 Country Stampede! (May NOT be safe for work)

I had the honor and privilege of taking a few shots of the 2009 Country Stampede that occurs every year in Manhattan, Kansas for the Country Stampede office. The Stampede is one of the largest music festivals in the country and over the four day event, the attendance typically exceeds 150,000 people! Armed with a photo access pass and my gear, I walked all around the grounds on Thursday and Friday evenings and boy, was it HOT and HUMID! For my first time doing this type of photography, I was super pumped about it and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Even though I'm not a big country music fan, I had an awesome time talking to people and just being in the awesome environment!

On Thursday evening, Julianne Hough and Luke Bryan opened up the festivities and on Friday evening, Sawyer Brown, Zac Brown Band and Dierks Bentley absolutely rocked the house!!! Unfortunately, I missed the rest of the event due to prior commitments, but as you'll see from the photos, everyone was having a fabulous time! One of the biggest attractions of Stampede is that you can camp out on the grounds for the entire time! So that means, one non-stop party!

Special thanks again to the Country Stampede office and check out all of the photos from the two nights: 2009 Country Stampede!!!

THURSDAY

Thursday was a ridiculously hot and muddy mess! But, that didn't stop anyone from having a great time!

Fun for kids (and adults) of all ages! :)







And due to the rain, the parking lots were flooded so all of the people had to get school bus'd in.

FRIDAY

@ the campgrounds...



So I really wished I knew who this guy was because after he had proceeded to through his friend into the creek, he jumped in after her!


Back at the concert






Some weren't as into it...

as others :)







Everyone was absolutely LOVING Dierk's show!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!