Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year in Review + Top 33 Pictures of 2009

Again, I feel so incredibly blessed for the opportunity to pursue La Brisa Photography and I sincerely appreciate all of my former/future clients, supporters and fans! 2009 has been an absolutely a-MAY-zing year for me as I honestly feel that I have been able to reach more people and have been able to give back with this wonderful gift that God has given me. Thank you to my incredible wife, Brisa, because without her selfless support, I would not have been able to accomplish half of what I have been able to do this year! One thing that I am really proud of accomplishing this year is the growing number of fellow photographers that I can call my friends. I look forward to developing our relationships and encouraging each other in 2010!


A huge amount of appreciation to everyone and I wish I could give all of you a ginormous HUG to show you how much I appreciate you! 


Happy New Year's Eve everyone - stay safe, have fun and take a TON of pictures!!! :)


2009 By the numbers for La Brisa Photography

$1,009 = amount of profits that was evenly donated to the Red Cross and the Boys & Girls Club of Manhattan through Photography for a Cause


27,968 = number of total visits to our blog, client site and main website (via Google Analytics)
343,677 = number of total page views to our blog, client site and main website (via Google Analytics)
40,000+ = pictures delivered to clients
1,169 = Followers at www.twitter.com/labrisaphoto
740 = Our awesome Facebook Fans! www.facebook.com/LaBrisaPhotography
158 = Blog Posts
7 = Aspiring Photographer Workshops (APW) attended by 48 photographers of all abilities
11 = After assuming I was moving in early June, I referred all of my potential wedding clients to other fabulous photographers, but then I decided to stick around and was blessed with 11 amazing weddings in 2009! Started off the year in a big way with Kacie and Monte's rockin celebration in KC to North Dakota to North Carolina and finished the year with Laura and Jake's wonderful wedding in KC!
28 = Attraction sessions: Engagements, Anniversaries, Just Because!
26 = Joy sessions: Families, Babies, Children!
12 = Style Sessions: Senior Portraits, Modeling, Just Because!
26 = Thanks to a bevy of assistants, I was able to do 26 sessions in July. Ridiculous, right? We had a ton of fun though didn't we?
1 = Master's Degree in Education: Counseling and Student Development for me


And possibly the most important number and addition to La Brisa Photography...
10 = After announcing the addition of Brandi as an associate photographer in August, she proceeded to do 10 sessions and is ready to be unleashed in 2010! An unbelievable talent, Brandi is just beginning to utilize a glimpse of her vast potential and I am super super excited to have her join me at La Brisa Photography!


Below are 33 of my favorite images from 2009. There were so many awesome clients to choose from and I wish I could have included everyone! Enjoy!



Landscapes from Kansas & New York


















Dierks Bentley @ Country Stampede





Attraction Sessions



















































Style Sessions


















Joy Sessions



































Love













































5 comments:

  1. christopher christopher christopher. :)

    you are an amazing photographer and i'm so lucky to have met you and have you (hopefully permanently) in my life as a fellow photographer and, most importantly, friend. the special detail and love that you put into your work is nothing short of amazing and i'm so excited to see what 2010 brings to your business. have a happy new year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great year for you! I'm really excited to see your NY portfolio grow along with that vintage/old/texture thing you got going, all really great stuff, and you can pull it off incredibly well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much! I feel that I have been extremely blessed with this gift of photography and I absolutely LOVE how it helps me connect with awesome fellow photographers like the both of you!

    @Jeni - you know that you are my rockstar and we'd win any dance-off in the world!

    @Luke - appreciate the kind words man. looking forward to building my NY portfolio before I leave. You gotta come out so that you can show me the great spots (and so we can actually meet for the 1st non-halloween time)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... yeah... that first image of "Attraction Sessions" is money! Well, along with a couple in the "Joy Sessions", but man, nice work!

    I think I am gonna go take down my post of my favorite pics now... Not worthy in comparison... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Mike! appreciate the love! you definitely shouldn't take down your favorites! every photographer is different man!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!