Wednesday, January 16, 2013

b gets lei'd!!!

Aloha!

It’s like a dream. A sunny, vibrant, tropical dream. I still can’t believe it and I’m trying not to wake up. I already don’t want it to end. Mr. Mussack and I jumped the Pacific puddle and moved 4,500 miles to the island of Oahu to the city of Haleiwa. I am in love. The laid back surfer vibe of the North Shore, the sound of waves crashing on the beach and the endless sunshine have taken their hold of me and they won't let go. Best/worst thing yet...I WANT TO PHOTOGRAPH EVERYTHING!! I want to photograph surfers at pipeline, I want to photograph whales off the south shore, I want to photograph the sunrise on the leeward side and drive all the way across the island to catch the sunset. It’s almost intimidating everything there is to see and do here. I’m almost scared to leave my comfy beach home for fear of knowing I have missed something. However, that is no way to live...I just have to bring my camera with me at all times. I am in awe of it all and want to really live in every moment.


A view from my desk

So. Here it goes. Share in this journey with me. Come visit, sleep on the beach, hike the mountains, eat the food. Apparently I do everything in threes.






These photos are a jumble of my life right now. I seriously have been seeing or doing these things all of the time in no particular order. Let’s break it down a bit: we have tried shave ice at the world famous Matsumoto’s, we frequent Haleiwa Acai Bowls, we’ve hiked/visited Kaena Point a few times and have been trying new restaurants, such as Big Wave Shrimp, as often as we can.




And OMGosh, the pineapples. Sweet, pokey, joy-filled happy fruit. We eat fresh pineapple practically every day.

I am so excited to meet new people and connect with fantastic clients. If you or someone you know lives or is visiting Hawaii, contact me via www.labrisaphotography.com to schedule a portrait session! More than anything, I am really pumped to start photographing gorgeous Hawaiian weddings! I am so blessed to continue my journey in photography in such a beautiful place and I would love to share it with others!

As always, I am up for suggestions or recommendations while on the island, like I said, there is so much to do and see, I’m worried I’ll miss out on something spectacular! Seriously who lives like this? I have to be dreaming. SHHHH, YOU MIGHT WAKE ME UP!!

You can follow my journey from a distance on Twitter (@labrisaphoto_b) or Instagram (@bmussack)!

Aloha!

Help us support an amazing non-profit by purchasing the 2013 La Brisa Calendar of Awesomeness! 100% of profits will be donated to the Friends of the Sunset Zoo organization. All of the images were created by autumn, b and myself and we are pumped to share them with you and raise money for a phenomenal organization that is incredibly sentimental to us!


The 11"x17" calendar is $32.50 and you can purchase it HERE! Thank you so much for helping us, help others!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!