Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Davis Family | Joy Session | Manhattan, KS | Brandi

As a special treat, I asked Angie of Angie Davis Photography (become a fan!) to share with you about her recent family session with Brandi!

We scheduled a family session so that we could preserve the memories of our family at this time in our lives. We wanted something fun and something that we would be excited about - something that when we look at the photos in ten years we remember the feelings that we had that day and the fun that was had. I knew that by choosing Brandi to capture our family, I would get that. What I did not know was that I would get WAY more than what I expected!

The best part of the session for me was the comfortable feeling that we all had. Brandi made us feel so at ease. We had fun being able to be us and make fun memories as a family. The kids still talk about the time when Daddy was home and we took pictures at the skatepark. Pell, on the other hand, says that the best part of the session for him was the fact that he was home from Iraq, spending time with his family, and of course got to have family pictures taken with a beard. He was home on leave from Iraq, so he had the chance to actually have some facial hair. :) Yeah, little things make my husband happy!

After our session, we felt great! We could not stop talking about how much fun we had during our session (we still talk about it).  We made great memories that day and Brandi was there to capture those memories without making us feel uneasy. We could not wait to see our pictures! I knew we had great photos coming to us! I just knew! When I saw the teasers, I knew that the best was yet to come! Every single time I talked to Pell after he made it back to Iraq, he asked if the photos were done! Being away from the kids is really hard on him and any bit of home that he can get makes it that much easier for him. He was looking forward to seeing the photos and reliving the moments that he spent with them while at home on leave.

Our session was so special because Pell was at home on leave for two weeks from a year long deployment to Iraq. We did not get the chance to get family photos taken before he left, so we decided that when he was home on leave that we would get them done. I also wanted the kids to have new memories of spending time with Daddy and to have photos to remember those memories for the rest of this deployment.

Angie selected a few of her favorite images from their session!

We love all the skateboarding ones. I wanted to do something defined us so I thought the skatepark would be a great place to show who we are.






We love this one because it is full of attitude. Everyone loves this one!


This shows Mackenzie's real smile and personality.






This one is so fun and different.


The next two, because I just love us!




This is Kyler's "look"


We love the ones of the kids running. I love the expressions on their faces and the way they show them being the happy kids that they are!






Are you on Facebook? Of course you are! Check out the La Brisa Photography Fan Page to view the latest teasers, helpful articles and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!