Thursday, March 20, 2008

My favorite color

I am super excited to be apart of the organization Operation Love which matches photographers with the military. For any homecomings, deployments or just patriotic sessions, La Brisa Photography will be there and provide a free album for the soldier and their family has the opportunity to buy the CD of all the images.

This past week, I received a call regarding a homecoming at the Manhattan airport. unfortunately it was delayed until 1:30 in the morning and the family said that I did not need to go. He had been deployed for 7 months and I really wanted to be there for that family and so I headed out to the airport around 12:45am to be sure I had enough time to catch everything going on. When I arrived at the airport, it was completely deserted. I just assumed people would come when the flight is about to land, but as I waited and waited, nobody ever came. So after waiting until about 1:40am and confirming with the Kansas City Airport that the flight had never departed, I headed home.

In the meantime, I was able to take a few pictures of the deserted airport (let me know if you are ever interested a fun airport session) and found a sign that represented my favorite color: blue. I, especially, love the dark navy-ish blue and throughout the entire process, I learned how valuable it is to make the best of any situation :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving us some love!